Children & Young Persons Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) Service
Hi my name is Rebecca and I work with Children & Young People who have been sexually abused in some way, including rape.
If this has happened to you, you might be struggling to cope? Maybe it feels like no-one understands what you have experienced & how you feel? Maybe it feels like you are losing your mind? Maybe you don't want to talk to someone about it but you know that you need to?
....maybe Family Matters can help.
How? ... Sometimes in life it helps to talk things through with an independent person to enable us to think more clearly.
My role as an Advisor is to offer practical and emotional support to people who have been sexually abused or raped, or to a parent/care giver. We will talk in a safe place and I will not judge or criticise you. I am here to offer support and help.
Together we can think about what you need to help you move forward from the sexual assault and I will try & help you get the things you need to do that.
Here are some of the ways in which the service can help you;
- By providing emotional support
- By helping you get other specialist support, e.g. counselling
- By helping you develop your coping strategies & support network
- By providing information about issues like, ‘keeping safe' & ‘healthy relationships'
- By helping parents better understand your needs, feelings & behaviours By helping you access health services
- By helping you communicate with the police, if you wish to
- By providing information & support with the Criminal Justice System
- By supporting you with the court process
- By helping you with housing needs
- By providing information & support with criminal Injuries Compensation
The service is available in the following areas of Kent: Gravesham, Dartford, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Medway & Maidstone.
Everyone reacts to sexual abuse differently, and there is no right or wrong way. We know it is a very difficult time, but please do get in touch with us if you would like more information about the Children & Young Person's ISVA service.
Hope to hear from you, Rebecca
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor Services Office: 01474 546638
Family Matters are able to offer the Children & Young Person's ISVA Service thanks to funding from the Equality and Human Rights Commission.